India has executed the lone surviving gunman from the 2008 Mumbai terror attack.
Wed, 21 Nov, 2012
The death toll from last week’s bombings in India’s financial hub rose to 20 today as Mumbai police pursue leads gathered from the three blast sites.
Tue, 19 Jul, 2011
An Indian appeals court has upheld the conviction and death sentence for the only surviving gunman from the 2008 attacks on Mumbai, which killed 166 people and derailed peace talks with neighbouring Pakistan.
Mon, 21 Feb, 2011
Police say they have launched a manhunt for four men who they believe entered Mumbai to carry out a terrorist attack.
Fri, 24 Dec, 2010
An American convicted of helping plan the 2008 Mumbai terrorist massacre has backed claims that Pakistan was heavily involved in the attack.
Tue, 19 Oct, 2010
The only surviving gunman from the 2008 attack on India’s financial centre of Mumbai is appealing against his death sentence, his lawyer said today.
Wed, 29 Sep, 2010
A hardline cleric suspected by India of masterminding the Mumbai massacre will remain free after Pakistan’s top court ruled today the government did not have enough evidence to jail him.
Tue, 25 May, 2010
The only surviving gunman from the Mumbai massacre was sentenced to death today by a court in India.
Thu, 06 May, 2010
The only man convicted over the Mumbai terror attacks faces a possible death sentence this morning.
The only surviving gunman from the 2008 Mumbai massacre will learn on Thursday if he is to executed for his crimes.
Tue, 04 May, 2010
A Pakistani man was convicted today of gunning down dozens of people during the November 2008 terrorist attack in Mumbai.
Mon, 03 May, 2010
Mohammed Ajmal Kasab has been found guilty of the murders of 166 people in the 2008 Mumbai terror attacks.
An Indian court is expected to give its verdict today in the trial of a Pakistani man accused of gunning down dozens of people during the November 2008 terror attacks in Mumbai.
The Mumbai terror trial will begin final arguments early next month, the special court hearing the case has said.
Wed, 24 Feb, 2010
The gunman accused of carrying out last year's bloody siege of Mumbai has retracted his confession, saying police tortured him into admitting his role in the attacks.
Fri, 18 Dec, 2009
Seven men were charged in Pakistan today over last year’s Mumbai terror attacks.
Wed, 25 Nov, 2009
Italian police arrested a Pakistani father and son accused of helping to fund and provide logistical support for last year’s terrorist attacks in Mumbai, India.
Sat, 21 Nov, 2009
The lone surviving gunman from last year’s Mumbai massacre told a court today that he wanted to confess to all 86 charges against him – but minutes later recanted and said he would stick with his earlier partial confession.
Fri, 07 Aug, 2009
Interpol today issued a global alert for 13 suspects wanted by Pakistan in its investigation into last year’s Mumbai massacre that left 166 people dead.
Thu, 06 Aug, 2009
An Indian judge has accepted the confession of the lone surviving gunman from last November’s shootings in Mumbai, but said today that the trial would proceed anyway.
Thu, 23 Jul, 2009
An Indian judge has accepted the confession of the lone surviving gunman from the shooting and bomb attacks on Mumbai last November.
The lone surviving Mumbai massacre gunman said today he was ready to be executed and wanted no mercy for his role in the attack which left 166 people dead.
Wed, 22 Jul, 2009
A message the sole surviving Mumbai massacre gunman hoped to get to his backers in Pakistan was ordered to be kept secret by a judge in India today.
Tue, 21 Jul, 2009
The only surviving gunman from last year’s Mumbai massacre today admitted his guilt in a dramatic confession to an Indian court.
Mon, 20 Jul, 2009
The trial of five men accused of the Mumbai attacks that killed 166 people in India is likely to start next week, Pakistan's interior minister said.
Sun, 12 Jul, 2009
A terror suspect arrested in New Delhi was a close aide of a prime suspect in the Mumbai terror attacks, India’s Home Minister said today.
Fri, 05 Jun, 2009
One of the terrorists killed in the Mumbai attacks had been drinking, it emerged today.
Fri, 29 May, 2009
The only surviving Mumbai massacre gunman today pleaded not guilty to all charges including waging war against India and murder today.
Wed, 06 May, 2009
The only surviving terror suspect in the Mumbai attacks will get his first chance to enter his pleas to a series of charges in court tomorrow.
Tue, 05 May, 2009
The lone terror suspect in the Mumbai attacks has failed in his bid to be treated as a minor after tests confirmed he is more than 20 years old.
Tue, 28 Apr, 2009
The only surviving gunman from the Mumbai massacre is to undergo medical tests to determine his age after he claimed to have been a minor at the time of the assault, which would allow him to escape the death penalty.
Fri, 24 Apr, 2009
The trial of the only surviving gunman from the Mumbai massacre began today with the prosecutor calling the attacks “a criminal conspiracy hatched in Pakistan to attack India”.
Fri, 17 Apr, 2009
The trial of the only surviving Mumbai gunman began today with the prosecution claiming the attacks were part of a criminal conspiracy hatched in Pakistan.
The long-awaited trial of the only surviving Mumbai massacre gunman failed to start today after his lawyer was barred from representing him.
Wed, 15 Apr, 2009
A lawyer has been appointed for the lone surviving gunman in the Mumbai terror attacks.
Mon, 30 Mar, 2009
A man has today been charged with murder and waging war against India as part of the Mumbai massacre which began on November 26 last year.
Wed, 25 Feb, 2009
Pakistan today admitted for the first time that the Mumbai terrorist attacks were plotted and put into action there.
Thu, 12 Feb, 2009
The Mumbai attacks were partly planned in Pakistan and several of the known suspects are being held, Pakistan’s top civilian security official said today.
Indian security services have made public chilling phone instructions ordering the Mumbai terrorists to kill their terrified victims.
Thu, 08 Jan, 2009
Chilling tapes of the Mumbai massacre gunmen calmly discussing killing their hostages over the phone were released today.
Wed, 07 Jan, 2009
India’s prime minister said today the sophistication of the Mumbai siege meant Pakistani authorities must have had a hand in the attacks.
Tue, 06 Jan, 2009
Pakistan began moving thousands of troops away from the Afghan border towards India today amid tensions following the Mumbai attacks.
Fri, 26 Dec, 2008
Mumbai’s Taj Mahal hotel has reopened less than a month after militants stormed the building in attacks that left more than 170 people dead.
Mon, 22 Dec, 2008
Hindu priests chanted prayers and a Muslim priest read verses of the Koran in a multi-faith prayer ceremony as Mumbai’s Oberoi hotel reopened three weeks after it was targeted in a militant rampage.
Sun, 21 Dec, 2008
The two luxury Mumbai hotels attacked and held under siege last month are taking bookings and will partially reopen for business this weekend.
Tue, 16 Dec, 2008
Pakistan will not let British investigators question suspects detained in Pakistan over the Mumbai terrorist attacks, the prime minister said today.
Mon, 15 Dec, 2008
The surviving gunman in last month’s deadly attack on Mumbai has written Pakistani officials to ask for legal help, Indian police said today.
Sat, 13 Dec, 2008
Pakistan bowed to international pressure today and ordered the closure of a charity linked to the terrorist group suspected of the Mumbai attacks.
Thu, 11 Dec, 2008
India’s top law minister announced a massive overhaul of the country’s security and intelligence agencies today, in the wake of the Mumbai attacks.
The Pakistani-based militant group blamed for the Mumbai attacks kept an Indian militant as a “pointman” to shepherd gunmen across the porous border, police said.
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 - 10:00 PM
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 - 5:00 PM
Tuesday, April 13, 2021 - 10:00 AM