Two east Cork historians say they are close to finalising a booklet with “accurate corrective information” on 200 names on a memorial wall commemorating soldiers lost in World War 1.
The body of a British soldier executed and buried in Co Clare almost 100 years ago has been exhumed and will be reburied in Dublin.
One hundred years ago today, Dave Gallaher died at the Battle of Passchendaele. He was born in Donegal in 1873.
Ronan O’Gara isn’t the first Corkman to make waves in Parisian rugby.
Last week, Glasnevin cemetery had a ceremony for Irish service men and women who served in World Wars 1 and 2, and for WWI’s 100th anniversary.
Soldiers who fell during the First World War are being honoured collectively in name for the first time with a memorial wall in the Cork cemetery where they lie.
Irish and British government ministers will today jointly lay the foundation stone of a new monument in Dublin to commemorate soldiers from all over Ireland who lost their lives in the two world wars.
A member of England's royal family has laid a wreath at a memorial to rebels who fought and died in the 1916 Easter Rising.
The Duke of Kent will make a three-day visit to Ireland next week, only the second formal trip by a member of the British royal family here since Queen Elizabeth’s two years ago.
The Libyan government has been “extremely apologetic” about the desecration of British war graves in the eastern city of Benghazi, a UK Foreign Office Minister said today.
It could be months before the Government decides whether to pardon 5,000 soldiers branded deserters and blacklisted for fighting for Britain against Nazi Germany, it has emerged.
THE search is on for relatives of 39 soldiers who fought in the First World War.
PAINSTAKING work collecting all the records of the 2,265 men who fought with the Auxiliary Division of the Royal Irish Constabulary (ADRIC) finally helped identify the man who instigated the burning of Cork city 90 years ago today.
The unmarked graves of 43 soldiers who died after serving with the British Army will be recognised on Remembrance Day, it was revealed today.
A 14-YEAR-OLD boy killed while serving his country was yesterday confirmed as Britain’s youngest known service casualty of the Second World War.
In France, thousands of people have been marking the ninetieth anniversary of the start of the Battle of the Somme today.
Headstones marking the graves of 10 British soldiers have been stolen from a graveyard in France, the Commonwealth War Graves Commission said today.
6 minutes ago
45 minutes ago
46 minutes ago
Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 4:00 AM
Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 7:00 AM
Tuesday, September 22, 2020 - 6:00 AM