THE Feast of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, August 22, 1949, was an important day for the then Archbishop of Dublin, John Charles Mc Quaid. On that day Mount Carmel Hospital opened in Dublin run by the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary.
Thu, 30 Jan, 2014
Nama’s decision to stop financially propping up Mount Carmel Hospital, and the jobs of more than 300 people, came after it suffered more than three years of losses since it acquired the hospital’s loans in 2010.
Sat, 25 Jan, 2014