Donegal’s only five-star Hotel Lough Eske Castle is celebrating 10 years in business and to mark the occasion are offering cutsomers the same 2007 nightly rate they opened with ten years ago.
Run as a hotel for nine years until a fire in 1939 when a ballroom curtain caught fire and a long journey from the closest fire brigade in Derry resulted in the majority of the castle’s wooden interior structure being destroyed.
60 years on and a €40m investment later, the hotel was refurbished to its current glory incorporating a 6000ft sq. award winning Spa Solis, a gourmet Cedars Restaurant and a 4000ft sq. ballroom.
Despite opening at the beginning of the financial downturn, Lough Eske Castle has seen revenues double, currently operating at €9m.
Occupancy has also continued to rise and has grown by 38% since 2007 as well as the average room rate growing by 43% with international guest stays increasing by 15%.
Under the 10th Anniversary Offer details (€175 for one night or €325 for two night’s midweek) customers will enjoy
- Daily full Irish breakfast in Cedars Restaurant
- €40 food credit for the Table d’Hote menu in Cedars Restaurant on one evening
- 30% off any pre-booked spa treatment over 60 minutes at Spa Solís
- Use of indoor swimming pool and fitness centre
The offer is subject to availability, midweek from now until March 2018.
Ten things you need to know about Lough Eske Castle on their 10th anniversary:
1) Revenue has doubled since opening in 2007, with operating profit today at €9m
2) Out of the 186 staff members at the castle today, over 70% are from County Donegal
3) Lough Eske Castle has donated or sponsored over €70k to local charities over the last 10 years
4) In the last 10 years there have been 382,778 resident guests at the castle, and over 3000 four legged guests. Dogs are always welcome!
5) The team at the award winning Spa Solis have given over 50,000 spa treatments
6) There are a mind-blowing 87 cocktails on offer at The Gallery Bar
7) Previous resident owner, Major General White and his horse are interred on the castle grounds
8) There have been 102 proposals in the castle tower since 2007, of which 101 said yes!
9) Lough Eske Castle has invested over €7m in the Donegal economy since 2007
10) Over the last 10 years the Ladies and Gentlemen of Lough Eske Castle have escorted guests through the castle and grounds on over 3,500 complimentary history tours.
The five-star Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa is located just outside Donegal Town, nestled within 43-acres of forest woodland hugging the shores of Lough Eske. Boasting 96 spacious guestrooms, Spa Solís and swimming pool, Cedars Restaurant and two bars, Lough Eske Castle, a Solis Hotel & Spa is redefining the meaning of luxury in the North-West of Ireland.
- Digital desk
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved