Keep up to date with events.
- Cork Garden Club presents a talk by Charlie Wilkins on Christmas Cheer at Nemo Rangers HFC next Thursday at 8pm.
- The Irish garden Plant Society (Munster) will hold its next meeting next Tuesday at its new venue, Northridge House , St Lukes Home, Mahon, at 8pm. The talk entitled Horizons: Finding inspirations beyond the garden gate, will be given by Verney Naylor, garden designer. All are welcome.
- Clonakilty GIY presents a Homemade & Natural Christmas Craft Event on Monday from 7pm to 9pm in O’Donovans Hotel. Enjoy an evening of fun and chat with lots of hands-on activities and demonstrations. Admission: Adults €5 and childre, free. Enjoy a raffle, refreshments, and home-baked treats.
- Park National School Parents Association will hold a Christmas flower arranging demonstration with DJ Murphy next Friday at 8pm at Inch Community Hall, Killeagh, East Cork. There will be a raffle and light refreshments will be served. Tickets are €10. For bookings, call Sinéad on 086 8135052 or Sarah Jane on 087 77050749.
- Innishannon Flower and Garden Club will hold a Christmas floral demonstration entitled Christmas Cheer by Angela Heffron, Cobh, (AOIFA) next Wednesday at 8pm sharp in Barrett’s lounge Innishannon. Tea/coffee and mince pies will be served. All are welcome.
- Ballymartle ICA presents A Christmas Cracker floral demonstration by newly-qualified AOIFA teacher, Breda Keohane, on December 15, at 8pm in Riverstick Community Centre. Admission is €7, tea and home baking will be served. All are welcome and a great night is assured.
- A Christmas demonstration will take place next Friday in The Friary Centre, Kinsale, with Eileen O’Brien, AOIFA. Everyone is welcome. Entry is €10 including refreshments. Proceeds will go to The Friary renovation fund.
- Coachford Flower and Garden Club is hosting an evening of food and flowers next Wednesday at 8pm in Coachford National School with Mary Coleman and a guest chef.The title of Mary’s demonstration will be Rustic Christmas. Visitors are very welcome.
- Peter Dowdall will be demonstrating how to plant up pots for wonderful winter and Christmas colour in your garden at The Pavilion Garden Centre from 5pm today, Saturday and tomorrow Sunday. Admission is €5.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved