An open garden in aid of Marymount Hospital will be held at Hestor and Paddy Ford’s residence, Coosheen, 15 Johnstown Park, Glounthaune, Co Cork, this Sunday, July 3 from 12pm to 6pm.
The garden will be signed and there will be a raffle on the day.
- Two Carrigtwohill gardens will open to the public on Saturday, July 2 from 10am-4pm to raise money for the Cork Association for Autism. The Sensory Garden at Greenville House will open to the public along with Noel O’Keeffe’s beautiful cottage garden which is situated on an acre of land. Thanks to corporate funding, Cork Association for Autism welcomes the public along to see these gardens on July 2. Entry fee of €8 will include tea/coffee and light refreshments and entry to both gardens. For more information call 021 453 3642 (ext 5), email@example.com or www.corkautism.ie
- Nine gardens and six art galleries will open to the public at Innishannon, Co Cork, this weekend, July 2 and 3 from 11am to 5pm in aid of the restoration of old St Mary’s and seating in nearby, Dromkeen Wood. A cottage garden, village garden, castle garden, farm garden, housing estate garden, riverside garden, woodland garden and others can be viewed with a single, €10 ticket available at the Innishannon Parish Hall.
- Cork Nature Network is pleased to present a Nature Walk in Ballyannan Wood, today, July 2, at 11am. The walk is led by Dr Tom Gittings, who has over 18 years’ experience as a professional ecologist. Dr Gittings will lead the walk through the woods, explaining about the plants and animals that can be seen along the way. Ballyannan Wood is a 24.5 ha mature mixed woodland owned by Coillte located south of Midleton on the Owenacurra Estuary in Co Cork. This event is a free event. For further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Cluster Garden fundraiser which sees six very different gardens and gardening attractions on the Waterford/Cork border open for a gala day on Sunday, July 10, from 12 noon until 5pm. Newtown House and the Blackwater Garden Centre in Kinsalebeg are teaming up with the Rock House, Ardmore, Deiseart, Rocky Road, Ardmore and the Knight’s garden in Ballynamona, Ardmore for a special cluster gardens event with funds raised going to the Alzheimer Society of Ireland.
Organiser, Michael Penruddock from Newtown House, looks forward to welcoming droves of visitors to the area on July 10. Teas will be provided at Newtown House and there is a café at the Blackwater Garden Centre. Entry to the gardens will be free but visitors will be asked to make a donation to the Alzheimer Society of Ireland which is very close to the hearts of the members of The Waterford Garden Trail, the latest on the Waterford Garden Trail programme for 2016. Directions to the various gardens can be obtained from the Blackwater Garden Centre or Ardmore Pottery. For more on the Cluster Gardens event, contact Michael Penruddock on 024 94304 or 086 8383501.
- Blarney is Bloom takes place next weekend, July 10 and is an event not to be missed by families, gardeners and just plain, old browsers. A great day, it’s in aid of the Irish Guide Dogs and entrance costs just €5 with free access to the exceptional gardens at Blarney Castle. Open from 10am to 5pm there will be lots of nurseries, plant stalls and more, as well as food and artisan stalls to whet the appetite. Put it in the diary and go.
- The Lough Flower and Garden Club’s annual Garden Visit will take place on Tuesday, June 28. Members to meet at Wilton Shopping Centre Car Park, Library area, at 6.15pm. Members Only.