A fundraiser in aid of Cobh Community Hospital will take place at Cuskinny House, Cobh on Sunday, April 24 from 12pm to 5pm.
Admission is €5 and there will be plants for sale as well as home baking, marmalades, chutneys and afternoon tea.
All contributions are welcome and may be handed into the hospital before the event.
- Ballincollig Flower & Garden Club hosts a talk by Adam Whitbourn, Head Gardener, Blarney Castle, entitled “The Story of Blarney Castle Gardens” at Oriel House Hotel, Ballincollig, on Monday 11th April, at 8pm. Visitors welcome and new members welcome. Entry €5.00.
- A spring walk in the Glen, Cork, on April 16 will offer an opportunity to learn about the flora on the doorstep of the city with Jo Goodyear, a botanist/herbalist, who will lead the walk. This is an ideal opportunity to learn about wild flowers and how important they are to our lives and wildlife. Time: 11am to 1pm, Meet: Car park on the north link road. For further information or to reserve a place please contact email@example.com/ email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 0872282040 www.corknaturenetwork.ie or Facebook/ Twitter.
- The amazing world of lichens is another CNN event which will take place on April 12 at Northridge House, near Blacrock Castle from 6-9pm. The workshop will by led by Paul Whelen and will explore the world of litchens and what they mean to us and our environment. Paul is an expert on lichens and the author of Lichens in Ireland. The event is part of the adult life learning festival. For further information or to reserve a place please contact email@example.com
- The next meeting of Castlelyons Home and Garden Club takes place on Saturday, April 16th, 2016. A half-day outing to Griffins Garden Centre is planned and will include a talk by Margaret Griffin on container gardening and advice on all plants, shrubs and trees. Shopping, with a supper at Blarney Castle Hotel, will follow. For enquiries, please contact any member of the Committee.
- GIY Clonakilty’s next meeting is on Monday April 11 at 8pm in O’Donovans Hotel. Enjoy a relaxed evening socialising with beginner and experienced gardeners as relevant gardening topics are discussed. Home bakes and lots of tea will be served. Please bring along any surplus seedlings, seeds, pots, books for the donation table. Contact Susan 086 3451175
- Innishannon Flower and Garden Club will hold its next meeting on April 13 at 8pm in Barrett’s lounge. Mary Sweetnam will will give some valuable tips and information on general garden maintenance, flower and vegetable planting and much more. All welcome.
- Skibbereen Flower & Garden Club host DJ Murphy on Wednesday April 13 at 8.15 pm in Abbeystrewry Hall.
- Clonakilty Flower Club’s monthly meeting in Fernhill House Hotel will take place on Monday April 11at 8pm. Teaching Demonstration by Una Fleming AOIFA.
- Cork Flower Club are delighted to welcome Margaret Collins, Carlow, for a flower arranging demonstration on Tues April 19 in Canon Packham Hall Douglas at 8pm. All visitors welcome.
- Youghal Flower & Garden Club present a talk by Michael Clancy of Fota Garden Centre on Wed April 13 at 8 pm in the Walter Raleigh Hotel. Competitions on night. Everybody welcome.
- Kanturk Flower and Garden Club will meet on Wednesday April 13 in The Temperance Hall at 8pm. Mike Keep of Shady Plants Nursery, Clashmore, Co. Waterford will give a talk on “The History of Ferns and their use in the Garden”. Plants for sale on the night. Everyone welcome, €5. Refreshments served.
- Macroom Flower & Garden Club will hold a floral demonstration with Margaret Ahern AOIFA on “Wedding Flowers” on Thursday April 14 at 8pm sharp at Coolcower House. Doors open at 7.15pm. Members’ competitions and spring sales table. New members & visitors most welcome. Enquiries 087-9821708. Names will be taken for social evening and garden visit in May.
- A two-day “Botanical Art in a Country House” painting course at Longueville House, Mallow, Co Cork will take place on May 12 and 13 next, with Patricia Jorgensen, leading Irish botanical artist at the helm. Course is open to residential and non-residential artists and space is limited, so this is avery unique opportunity. Chef William O’Callaghanwill also be on hand cooking up a storm for participants. Bookings directly through Longueville House. T 022-47156 or further information via the website: http://www.longuevillehouse.ie/events/botanical-painting-in-a-country-house-with-patricia-jorgensen-may-12th-and-13th-2016/
- Internationally renowned experts in photography, history, architecture and garden design will all be in Waterford at the end of this month for what promises to be an unmissable array of events on the Waterford Garden Trail. For more, log on to http://www.visitwaterford.com/things-to-do/