Jungle themes in teals and greens, Nelson reproductions and sensible graters — this week’s picks from Esther N McCarthy.
* There’s some simply stunning designer jewellery being created by talented people in this fine country of ours. Case in point, this timeless clockwork pendant in sterling silver by Emma Jane Champley. It’s available through I am of Ireland (www.iamofireland.ie) together with a wider selection Emma Jane’s jewellery. €335.
* Let your wild side out with inspiration from the TILLFÄLLE, Brazil, collection from Ikea. Glorious colours, a riot of patterns and designs — very fun, I love it.
* A splash of colour in the kitchen, anyone? This rather smart device can grate and slice vegetables or fruit in a flash. Here’s the Rosso Slice and Go €49.99 from Russell Hobbs, available at most electrical stores.
* I love snooping around Tiger Stores — and now there’s one in Mahon Point as well as Patrick’s St, Cork. It can always be relied on for unexpected little treats. They don’t get much sweeter than this strawberry clock, €3.
* CA Design reproduce products to the style of original designs. I love this marshmallow sofa which was designed in 1956 by George Nelson. This statement piece led to the Pop Art style of the 1960s and get this — the cushions are detachable and interchangeable. And if multicolour isn’t your thing, you can get it in one single colour — black, chocolate brown, or cream Italian aniline leather. €1200 www.cadesign.ie
* These simple, fine bone china mugs offer the letter of your choice in dark grey. Available from Oliver Bonas Ireland, www.oliverbonas.com
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved