This week with the promise of sunshine on the way, Esther N McCarthy goes hunting for shedloads of stuff including summer brights, greeting cards and a brolly — just in case.
* Littlewoods have some super colour in their summer collection. Check out the candystripes in the California duvet cover and pillowcase set, from €17.
* Award-winning designer Carolyn Donnelly has some super creations for spring and summer this year. I really like this Geo Weave cushion, it’s in Dunnes Stores nationwide for €35.
* Mary Terry and her pop up shop in Lapp’s Quay have an interesting addition to the range — Irish Examiner greeting cards. Give the gift of a trip down memory lane with the new collection from the archives of the Irish Examiner. The Leeside Collection Volume one includes five iconic images of Cork, dating as far back as 1872. There’s a choice of five greeting cards and envelopes and they can be delivered to your door. Pack of 5 for €10 or €2.50.
* Time to get concentrating on the garden. Feel like you’re on Baywatch with this gorgeous handmade bright blue shed with stairs. €699 from Hanleys of Cork, Frankfield Road, Ballycureen. http://hanleysofcork.com.
* “Friendship brings the sun... and flowers bloom”. This beautiful sunshine figurine symbolises people who always bring light when they enter our lives. Let people who bring joy know about it by bringing a present like this, and who knows it might bring that big ball of fire in the sky into our lives as well. Worth a try! I think this would make a cute holder for your earrings too, just hook them on to her wings. €17.50 from Argos.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved