Faith Ryan styles autumn days with great design, soft textures and a plateful of culinary love.
* Inspired surely by the classic Platner form at Knoll (c1966), the Henrick coffee table in American Wild Oak features an open frame steel base and a handy place for cushions or magazines, €398, Meadows & Byrne.
* Just released and described as the ‘bread & butter’ of cuisine — writer, cook and award-winning columnist Raquel Pelzel heaps the humble toasted slice with a variety of sweet and savoury concoctions fresh to the season. Phaidon Press, €22.50 (Eason’s).
* Mourne Textiles was founded by Norwegian maker Gerd Hay-Edie in 1947 and went on to work with Terence Conran, Robin Day and the houses of Liberty, Hardy Aimes and La Chasse. Recently returned from Tent at the London Design Festival where their weaving demos’ went down a storm, Karen Hay-Eddie and Mario Sierra are warming up our interiors with a gorgeous choice of hand woven throws, rugs, scarves, cushion and more to Gerd’s original designs and using the original looms. Prices from £125/€169, www.mournetextiles.com
* Littlewoods highly affordable in-house range, Urban Tribe, puts the accent on colour. This arrangement by their in-house stylists demonstrates that if you stick to solid wall colours, a new look can be taken from one rug and a great bedding choice. Chloe bedding €29-€42, Lozi Rug, €49-€139, Littlewoods Direct.
* Top of the tree for a laid back desk or home office, Tree stump pencil holder, €4, Tiger Stores.
* Ceramicist and painter Sarah Farrally’s work showcases her many skills in pieces drawn from the world of native Irish animals and the rhythm of tribal patternation. Each unique piece is hand built, bisqued, and finished with a velvet under-glaze that vitrifies on firing. The level of intricate hand painting speaks for itself. Trained at NCAD, and recipient of last year’s Etain Hickey Award, Sarah was selected for inclusion in Irish Ceramics by John Goode (published 2015). Pieces from €300-€700, www.sarahfarrellyart.com
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved