Esther N McCarthy casts her eye over a selection of groovy products for your home.
* If you’re like me and stick everything from photos to shopping lists onto the fridge with magnets, you’ll appreciate this new offering from Miele. The ‘Blackboard edition’ fridge-freezer offers a surface for notes and doodles. You can write on the door with school chalk or liquid chalk markers, and is easy to wipe clean. My lads would love this — might keep them away from the walls. Prices start at €1,599.99. Available from electrical stores nationwide and www.miele.ie
* I love this treat ball dispenser. You could fill it up with something healthier than sweets if you wanted to avoid the sugar rush. Nuts maybe? Pistachios would work a treat! €17 from Argos. www.argos.ie
* Charity partnership blossoms with Tesco’s summer bouquet in aid of Temple Street Children’s Hospital. For just €10 and for every bunch purchased, Tesco will donate €1 to the children’s hospital. The arrangement is made up of pink gerberas and a mix of purple and white summer chrysanthemums — a nod to the Temple Street logo. All funds raised throughout the summer months will go directly to support the purchase of life-saving medical equipment for the little patients at Temple Street.
* The Miniature Egg Chair exhibition is on at the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel in Dublin city at the moment.The Egg chair was originally designed by Danish architect, Arne Jacobsen, for the SAS Royal Hotel (now known as the Radisson Blu Royal Hotel, Copenhagen). Some 55 years later, Radisson Blu has been celebrating the Egg Chair with a global campaign called ‘Design your Own Icon’, where they invited guests and design enthusiasts to personalise the iconic Egg chair in their own way. The current display includes the 15 miniature personalised recreations that won the online contest from 66,000 design entries from all over the world.
* Parents, listen up! Babyboo.ie, they of the best bandana bibs out there, in our humble opinion, have added The Snuggle Boo to their line of products. They have three sizes, 0-6 months, 6-18 months and 18-48 months. I love the fact that they have detachable sleeves for when the weather gets warmer. There’s three cute designs to choose from: dinosaurs, jungle print and butterflies. Made from 100% cotton, even the care labels are cotton so if your little one has sensitive skin, their skin won’t be irritated. Best of all though, they have a pocket at the front and back so you can pop your buggy or car seat harness through without disturbing a sleeping baby. Ingenious! Prices start at €25, check out www.babyboo.ie
* Start thinking about your great outdoors. Get nautical with Neptune’s water and weather-resistant docking scatter cushions in ocean blue, €63. www.neptune.com
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved