Esther N McCarthy has a hoot finding bear necessities and legendary jewellery.
* Knitting is all the rage these days. If you don’t know your plains from your purls, cheat with this gorgeous stool with a cute cotton seat, €50 from Harvey Norman nationwide.
* Jewellery designer Elena Brennan uses precious metal and gemstonestones to weave magic tales, taking inspiration from Celtic legends. The busy lady has created two collections for the National Museum in Dublin and her pieces have been chosen to be presented to President Obama’s children. Mother of five Elena has spent more than 25 years perfecting her craft. We love this guardian angel wings pendant, sterling silver, hung on a split 18in Belcher chain, price €300. Elena Brennan Jewellery, www.elenabrennan.com
* Add a splash of colour to any room with this bright yellow Lido glass vase, €14 from Debenhams.
* Don’t you just love this piece by Cork artist, Cora Murphy? It’s called Samhradh. She’s a busy bee at the moment working on a new collection, watch this space. www.coramurphy.wordpress.com or email@example.com
* If you haven’t been out to Interiosity in Douglas, Cork, yet, you’re in for a treat. It began as a collaborative effort between Cork interior designers, Nicole McGee and Caroline Breen and has been very successful for the pair. Think quality, quirky and eclectic. This button back bar stool is available at €395, and funky bar table, €1895, Interiosity. Check them out online at www.interiosity.ie
* If I can get an owl on these pages every week, I’ll do it. This week’s star is this sculpture from Next, a bargain at €12. http://ie.nextdirect.com/en/homeware/home-decor
* To celebrate the 90th anniversary of the most beloved bear this October, Marks & Spencer is announcing the arrival of a collection of special edition Winnie the Pooh children’s products to mark the occasion. Add some magic to mealtimes for your little one with this melamine feeding set, €20. Available from the end of October, in-store and online at www.marksandspencer.ie
* What about some pretty pink to jazz things up a tad? Try this Saint-Jean cushion from the Luxe collection at Amara. It’s 45x45cm and costs €115 from www.amara.com
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved