ROCKING a bikini on the beach or working your way through that crop-top collection?
Bare that middle with confidence by adding these awesome stomach exercises to your gym routine.
Each move targets the tummy area to get you tight and toned in no time. Teamed with healthy eating and HIIT workouts, you’ll be well on your way to a flat stomach.
KIT YOU’LL NEED
HOW TO DO IT
Perform the allotted reps for each move in a circuit.
Take a minute’s rest and repeat for the next set.
Beginner: 3 x 8reps
Intermediate:4 x 10reps
Advanced: 5 x 10reps
STABILITY BALL ROLL-IN
Areas trained: STOMACH, CORE, BACK
* Start in plank position with your feet on a stability ball.
* Roll the stability ball toward your hands.
* Extend your legs back to the start and repeat
Don’t let your lower back over arch
Areas trained: CORE, SIDE
* Start in plank position on your forearms, with your body in a straight line.
* Without shifting your hips, take your right knee to your right elbow.
* Return to the start and repeat on the other side to complete one rep.
* Keep the motion going fluidly.
Areas trained: STOMACH, CORE
* Lie on your back with your arms by your ears.
* Dynamically crunch your body to bring your arms and legs off the floor toward each other to form a V shape.
* Lower and repeat.
Keep your back strong and try not to strain your neck as you reach up
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved