Wellbeing guru Rebecca Louise has devised the following workout especially for Feelgood readers.
YOUTUBE is filled to the brim with workout videos.
Whether you want a quick five-minute blitz, a hardcore strength session or a relaxing yoga sequence, there’ll be something out there for you.
But how do you know what works and which to trust?
Hoolio selects the best fitness videos online and makes them easily accessible from one place — your smartphone.
So whatever your fitness level, time constraints and goals, it’s got you covered.
Wellbeing guru Rebecca Louise — who is a trainer for Hoolio — has devised the following workout especially for Feelgood readers.
Absolutely no kit is required.
When we said you could do it in your own front room, we weren’t kidding!
How to do it: Perform one set of each move. Once complete, go back to the start and repeat for the number of sets recommended for you.
Beginner: 3 sets
Intermediate: 4 sets
Advanced: 5 sets
Areas trained: GLUTES, QUADS, CORE, SIDES
* From standing, take your right leg behind your left as you lower into a half squat.
* Leap as far as you can to the right, landing in another half squat but this time with your left leg behind your right.
* Go straight into another rep, moving back and forth with each.
SAFETY TIP: Keep your front heel planted and shoulders back as you lower
Area trained: SHOULDERS
* Standing tall, extend your arms out to the sides with your palms facing forwards and every muscle fully engaged.
* Pulse your arms an inch or two forwards and backwards while keeping them straight.
SAFETY TIP: Keep your shoulders dropped down throughout
Areas trained: QUADS, GLUTES
* Start standing, then take a quick step forwards and lift your opposite knee up as you jump.
* Land softly, bringing your foot back down and straight up into another rep.
HOT TIP: Maintain a fast pace to keep your heart rate up
Areas trained: STOMACH, SIDES
* Lying on your back, roll both legs to one side, making sure your knees are touching.
* Gently place your hands behind your head and look straight up.
* Keep your lower body over to the side as you crunch your shoulders up off the floor, squeezing your sides with every lift.
SAFETY TIP: Keep your neck long and try not to strain it when lifting
REPS: 20 each side
Areas trained: GLUTES, CORE
* Start on hands and knees, with hands directly under your shoulders and knees directly under your hips. Keep your back flat with your hips tucked under.
* Keeping the same angle in the leg, bring one knee out to the side as high as possible without tilting your hips.
* Drop it back down to the floor briefly before repeating immediately.
SAFETY TIP: Keep your back flat and both arms extended
Areas trained: GLUTES, QUADS, CALVES
* Take a wide ballet second position with your feet turned out. Tuck your hips under.
* Squat down, keeping your back straight.
* Lift up onto the balls of your feet.
* Return to the start and repeat.
SAFETY TIP: Keep your chest up and shoulders back throughout
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved