Sculpt your tummy, bottom, thighs and arms, to ensure you feel confident in your body, with or without clothes.
LOOKING and feeling great naked can mean very different things to different people.
But anyone can feel great in the nude – you just need to feel confident in your own skin. However, if you’ve got a body niggle you just can’t get over, we’ve got a workout that has all the answers.
This speedy session will help you hone and tone those areas you’re struggling to feel the love, as well as release some feel-good endorphins, so you’ll look and feel like the best version of you in no time.
How to do it: For each target area, perform the allotted reps for the two moves back to back, without rest. Then rest for 20- 30 seconds before moving on to the next set of the same moves. When all sets of one targetarea are complete, move on to the next target area and do the same.
Beginner: 2 x 10 reps; Intermediate: 3 x 10 reps; Advanced: 4 x 10 reps
Kit you’ll need: * Stability ball * Kettlebell * 2 x dumbbells
Areas trained: BOTTOM, BACK, THIGHS, STOMACH
* From standing, hinge at your hips and bend your knees to drive your bottom out behind you and take hold of a kettlebell by the handles.
* Drive the kettlebell backward through your legs, then extend your hips and knees to drive the kettlebell up to shoulder height.
* As the kettlebell drops back down, hinge at your hips and knees again to repeat in a fluid motion.
SAFETY TIP: Use your lower body to create momentum not your arms.
CURL AND PRESS
Areas trained: BICEPS, SHOULDERS, TRICEPS
* Hold a dumbbell in each hand, by your sides.
* Keeping your upper arms close to your body, curl the dumbbells up to your shoulders.
* Extend your arms to push the dumbbells toward the ceiling, rotating your hands outward.
* Reverse the movement to lower back to the start and repeat.
SAFETY TIP: Don’t let your lower back over arch.
Areas trained: BOTTOM, THIGHS
* Bend at your knees and hips to lower your bottom out behind you.
* From this position, jump up as high as you can.
* Land softly and repeat.
SAFETY TIP: Keep your chest.
Areas trained: CORE, STOMACH
* Start in plank position with your forearms on a stability
* Nudge the ball out as far as is comfortable then immediately return to the start.
* Repeat in a rapid, fluid motion.
SAFETY TIP: Don’t let your hips drop lower than the rest of your body.
Areas trained: THIGHS, BOTTOM, CORE, BACK
* Start with your feet together, holding a dumbbell in each hand.
* Take a large step out to the right, bending your right knee while keeping your left straight.
* Lower your upper body to bring the dumbbells to meet in front of your shin.
* Push off the bent leg to return to the starting positioning.
Repeat the move on the opposite side.
SAFETY TIP: Keep a flat back as you bend down
Areas trained: THIGHS, CALVES, CORE
* With hands on your hips, start in a lunge position with both knees at 90 degrees, back knee just above the floor.
* Jump up as high as you can, extending both legs. Switch leg position in the air and land softly back into a lunge, this time with the opposite leg in front.
* Immediately jump up into another rep.
SAFETY TIP: Don’t let your front knee extend past your toes
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved