ONLY got a little time to dedicate to working out? Don’t worry! But to make sure you’re making the most of your time, it’s important to keep the intensity high.
Kit you’ll need: Barbell, dumbells
HOW TO DO IT: Use the heaviest weights you can lift, while maintaining good form. Alternate the two
Getting your heart rate pumping an d muscles firing will ensure the after-burn effect really kicks in, so you’ll be torching fat for hours after your session, too.
Try this super-quick workout for a quick blitz but make sure you’re using the most challenging weights you can safely manage.
Try this super-quick workout for a quick
WEIGHTED SPLIT SQUAT
Areas trained: BOTTOM, THIGHS
* Start in a lunge position, with both legs bent to 90 degrees, and a dumbbell in each hand.
* Push up and extend both legs, then lower back down again.
* Perform the allotted reps on both sides to complete.
Keep your torso upright and shoulders square throughout.
CLEAN AND PRESS
Areas trained: BOTTOM, LEGS, BACK, CORE, SHOULDERS, UPPER ARMS
* Holding a barbell in front of your thighs, palms towards you, bend your legs to create momentum then row the barbell up toward your chin.
* Rotate your grip to drop your elbows under the barbell.
* Push the barbell up to the ceiling.
* Reverse the movement. That’s one rep.
Keep a natural arch in your lower back throughout.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved