Lift your life to a new level with Instagram star Danielle Peazer’s 12-Week Body Plan for real people.
Danielle Peazer isn’t known for her pretty Instagram account alone, although, judging by her 1.2m followers, it really isn’t too shabby.
Her new 12-Week Body Plan is ideal for anyone looking for a lifestyle overhaul in a bid to get fit, look great and feel even better.
It’s packed full of great recipes that are genuinely tasty and healthy (it is possible, we promise) as well as a comprehensive workout plan to challenge you the whole 12 weeks.
And don’t worry, it’s super-flexible, so whatever your lifestyle, you’ll be able to make it work for you.
At last — a real plan for real people, that really works!
As a taster of what you can expect from her 12-Week Body Plan, Danielle has put together a full-body workout based on the plan’s routines.
For more details on the programme see: www.bit.ly/WHLxDanielle
Alternate 20 seconds of each move going as hard as you can, with 10 seconds’ rest in between until you’ve performed each move four times. Rest for one minute then repeat.
2 x dumbbells
Medicine ball or kettlebell
1. SQUAT JUMP
Areas trained: GLUTES, QUADS
* Bend at the knees and hips to lower your bottom out behind you as low as possible.
* From this position, jump up as high as you can.
* Land softly and repeat.
SAFETY TIP: Keep your knees tracking over your toes and your heels planted as you squat
2. HAMSTRING CURL
Areas trained: HAMSTRINGS, GLUTES, CORE
* Lie with your feet on a stability ball with and arms on the floor for support.
* Lift your hips up towards the ceiling to create a straight line from your feet to your neck.
* Bend your legs to pull the stability ball towards your bottom.
* Reverse the movement and repeat.
SAFETY TIP: Keep your hips high but don’t overarch your lower back
3. BENT-OVER ROW
Areas trained: UPPER BACK, BICEPS
* Keeping a bend in the knees, hinge at the hips so that your upper body is at a 45-degree angle from the floor, holding a dumbbell in each hand with arms extended towards the floor.
* Squeeze your shoulder blades together as you row the dumbbells up towards your sides.
* Slowly lower and repeat.
SAFETY TIP: Keep your back flat but with a natural arch throughout
4. STABILITY BALL ROLL-IN
Areas trained: CORE, STOMACH
* Start in plank position on your hands, with your feet on a stability ball.
* Roll the stability ball towards your hands.
* Extend your legs back to the start and repeat.
SAFETY TIP: When your body is in plank, engage your core to protect your lower back
Areas trained: GLUTES, QUADS, HAMSTRINGS, CORE
* Crouch down to place your hands on the floor by your feet.
* Jump your feet back to bring your body into a plank position, then immediately jump them back to the start.
* Jump up as high as you can, then land softly and go straight into another rep.
SAFETY TIP: Keep the core tight to prevent the lower back from overarching when in plank position
Areas trained: QUADS, GLUTES, SIDES, CORE
* Holding a weight in front of your chest, take a large step forwards and bend both knees to about 90 degrees with the back knee just above the floor.
* As you do this, twist your upper body to the side of the front leg, bringing the weight towards your hip.
* Push back up to the start and repeat on the opposite side.
Alternate sides for each rep.
SAFETY TIP: Don’t let your front knee extend further than your toes when at the bottom of the lunge
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved