- Juice of two oranges
- 6 medium carrots, cut into batons
- 4 thin slices of fresh ginger
- 4 star anise, whole
- a dash of sesame oil
- Put the orange juice, carrots, ginger slices and star anise into a sauce pan.
- Bring to the boil and add some water so the carrots are covered. Season and allow simmering until the carrots soft.
- Add a little more water during cooking if needed.
- Drain the carrots and remove the star anise and ginger. Toss the carrots in a little sesame oil and serve.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved