From a thoughtful fragrance to a pretty pampering set, Katie Wright rounds up this year’s most gorgeous Mother’s Day gifts.
With all that they do for us, our mums definitely deserve more than just a card on Mothering Sunday, so show Mummy Dearest how much you care with a present from her favourite beauty brand.
From scents to sets, these are gifts that will make mum’s day...
FANCY FACE MASKS
Not only are face masks super-trendy (it’s the most Googled beauty term this year so far), they let you and mum indulge in some pampering time together.
Choose one of these active- packed luxury offerings and don’t forget to post a ‘maskie’ photo on Instagram!
* Bee Good NectaPerfecta Beautifying Mask, €47.95 www.beautyexpert.com
* Charlotte Tilberry Goddess Skin Clay Mask €48 Brown Thomas www.brownthomas.com
* This Works Stress Check Face Mask, €31.30 www.beautybay.com free p&p)
There are a host of new spring fragrances that smell as good as they look, like Narciso Rodriguez’s punchy pink Fleur Musc and Jo Malone’s brushstroke-embellished Bloomsbury Set collection (we love the fresh and floral Blue Hyacinth Cologne).
* Jo Malone Blue Hyacinth Cologne, €56 for 30ml, Brown Thomas www.brownthomas.com
* Yves Saint Laurent Mon Paris, €83.50 for 90ml Debenhams www.debenhams.ie
* Narciso Rodriguez ‘For Her Fleur Musc’ Eau de Parfum, €83 for 50ml, Debenhams (www.debenhams.com)
They may seem a bit like the lazy option, but when gift sets are this good, you’d be a fool not to...
If your mum is a Protect & Perfect superfan, she’ll love the Advanced Collection, while Lush’s Best Friends box is packed with brand new bath bombs, plus some old favourites.
* Trilogy Limited Edition Perfect Pick-Me-Up Gift Set, €25.60 www.FeelUnique.com plus p&p)
* Sanctuary home is where the heart is gift set, €26.50 Boots www.boots.com
* No7 Protect & Perfect Intense Advanced Collection Travel Kit, €37.50, Boots www.boots.ie
* Lush Best Friends, €33.95, Lush stores www.lush.com
Bringing stunning scents that linger long after the flame has gone out, scented candles are the perfect accompaniment to a long, hot soak in the tub, and the beauty brands have really outdone themselves this season.
From the new limited-edition Gourmand collection, the Molton Brown Vanilla & Violet candle is a sweet, floral delight, while the Jo Malone Home candle is made up of layers of lime, basil and mandarin.
* Home Collection Pomegranate votives and diffuser gift set, €22, Debenhams www.debenhams.ie
* Molton Brown Gingerlily Single Wick Candle, €49 (www.brownthomas.com)
* Annick Goutal Eau d’Hadrien Candle, €56.32 www.FeelUnique.com free p&p)
* Jo Malone London Lime Basil & Mandarin Home Candle 200g, €52 www.brownthomas.com
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved