There is so much to choose from in the beauty aisles this February 14, Katie Wright rounds up the best pressies.
WITH just four days to go until the most romantic day of the year, if you haven’t already picked out a present for your special someone you’d better get your skates on.
Help is at hand, however, as the beauty departments have been flooded with perfectly-timed perfume launches and neatly packaged sets ready to gift your guy or gal.
Here are 2017’s best Valentine’s beauty buys:
* Lush Lots of Love, €52.95
Give the gift of bathtime bliss with this heart-shaped box of three fizzing bath bombs (including the adorable new Cupid) and other tub treats.
* Coach Eau de Parfum, €45 for 30ml, Debenhams
A fresh sensual scent to bring out your romantic side.
* Jo Malone London Red Roses Home Candle, €52, Brown Thomas
Get in the mood next Tuesday night with this rose-scented candle.
* Baylis & Harding Patchouli and Ylang Ylang Bath and Body Travel Bag Set, currently €25, reduced from €42, Debenhams
A skin spa to go, this exotically scented range comes wiith a body cleanser, cream wash, shampoo and conditions and oozes romance.
* Elie Saab Rose Couture Eau de Toilette Gift Set, currently €54.40, reduced from €68, Debenhams
One of the latest additions to the Elie Saab parfum family, Rose Couture marries the Queen of Flowers with orange blossom, peony and jasmine, creating a ravishing bouquet that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day.
* Dyson Supersonic Hair Dryer Fuchsia, €399.99, Boots www.boots.ie
For the woman who has every perfume and potion her heart desires, the Dyson Supersonic is a cut above your average grooming gadget.
The revolutionary hairdryer has been garnering rave reviews from beauty editors and shoppers alike, so it’s sure to impress.
* Gucci Guilty Pour Homme Absolute, €68 for 50ml, Debenhams
Created by Gucci designer and man of the moment Alessandro Michele with renowned ‘nose’ Alberto Morillas, Guilty Absolute is a deep, woody concoction powered by not one but three different patchouli oils.
Like the house’s fashions, this is a scent for the man who wants to make a statement.
* Ferrari ‘Black’ eau de toilette gift set, currently €25.20, reduced from €35, Debenhams
While a Ferrari may be out of his financial reach, a splash of this lime, cardamom and cedarwood perfume will certainly put some va va voom into his day.
And we can’t imagine a more sophisticated kit bag for his toothpaste and brush. Bathroom chic at it’s best.
* Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka Cologne Intense, €135 for 100ml, Brown Thomas
The latest launch in the ever-popular Cologne Intense line-up, Jo Malone Myrrh & Tonka will certainly impress.
The woody, resinous blend, enriched with the sweetness of tonka, is so seductive you’ll probably end up stealing a spritz for yourself.
* Baylis & Harding Black Pepper and Ginseng Football Wash Bag, €35, Debenhams
Unzip this vintage-style football to find a host of goodies — hair and body wash, shower gel, face wash and aftershave balm. Just what’s needed in the shower after a sweaty game.
* Philips Multigroom Series 3000 All-In-One Mens Grooming Kit, €49.99, Boots
A seven-piece wonder kit, this will keep your man looking trim all over. There are attachments for facial and body hair, along with rotary trimmer for those hard-to-reach nose and ear hairs.
There is even an attachment for hair cutting to keep his locks in place in between visits to the barbers.
* Clarins ‘ClarinsMen’ line control eye balm, €42, Debenhams
Give your man a lift with this super light balm which will help to keep fine lines at bay.
Soothing and packed with gentle moisturising ingredients, it’s guaranteed to put a smile on his face.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved