Indulge the beauty addict in your life with a pampering surprise. Lisa Haynes plays Mrs Claus with a sack-load of seasonal offers.
WHAT’S a Christmas tree without the faint aroma of wrapped beauty goodies teasing under the twinkling lights?
Declare the festive holidays a time for manicured fingers, signature fragrances and bubble baths, with a pampering present for a loved one. From miniature treats to gargantuan sets, we’ve got your beauty shopping all wrapped-up.
Small but perfectly formed, these beauty miniatures make perfect little extras for stuffing in stockings.
* Breathe in the smell of Christmas with Aromatherapy Associates’ ‘little bell.’ The cute blue box includes a mini-revive morning bath and shower oil, €14.21 (www.aromatherapyassociates.com).
* Get box-clever with this fragrant surprise: Jo Malone’s ‘the fragrance collection’, €78. It comes with five, sublime scents: lime basil and mandarin; English pear and freesia; blackberry and bay; peony and blush suede; amber and lavender.MULTI MIRACLES
Ideal for the indecisive, festive beauty packages come in glorious multiples for every day of the week.
* When one luxury lipstick just isn’t enough... Elizabeth Arden’s Ceramide lipstick-collection set includes four shades, housed in a sparkling evening purse, €45.
* Leave a scent aficionado spoilt for choice on Christmas morning. Estee Lauder’s ‘fragrance treasures’ includes four, purse-friendly eau de parfum fragrances in a pretty gift box, €42.
* Looking to add some glitz to your life? Check out The Nails inc ‘capsule collection,’ which comes with eight mini-shades, and a gel-effect, plumping top-coat to put the show-time into your nails, €62.
* Treat the Christmas Day chef to some post-dinner hand-pampering. L’Occitane’s best-selling Shea butter hand-cream, below, comes with two, exclusive editions for fragranced fingers in the ‘hand-cream collection’ box, starting from €26.SCENT SAVIOURS
Make this Christmas a fragrant one by sniffing out a luxurious, new, signature scent for 2014.
* Add some decadence to a dressing table. Michael Kors’ ‘glam jasmine set’ includes 50ml eau de parfum and 100ml body creme; perfect for revelling in some intensified fragrance-layering, €68.40.
* No wrapping required for Viktor & Rolf’s ‘flowerbomb’ collection.
*The Christmas Gift Set, €81, comes in three parts: eau de parfum, shower gel and body cream. All are wrapped up in a pink box with a black ribbon and seal — very girly.
* Summer nautical has been given a surprise seasonal twist. Jean Paul Gaultier’s Classique starry, sailor-themed coffret, above, includes 50ml eau de toilette and matching body lotion and shower gel, €61.20.
* Pile on the perfume glitz. Fashion designer, Roberto Cavalli, has decked out his ‘just Cavalli’ eau de toilette gift set, right, with a gold-sequin box that looks like a catwalk frock, €61.BUBBLY BOXES
Give bathing beauties a licence to put up the ‘do not disturb’ sign with these pampering sets.
* Guarantee a seasonal glow for skin. Soap & Glory’s bumper ‘bubble-barrelled bag’, right, is a 7-in-1 gift set featuring the best of the brand’s pink bodycare, €23.
* After too many champagne bubbles, lather up in soapy bubbles. Baylis & Harding’s sweet mandarin and grapefruit wash bag gift, €13, comes in a handy, white, zipped pouch.
* Sweeten someone up with a delicious gift-set. Philosophy’s The Cookie Exchange tin includes mouth-watering Christmas cookie shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath, sweet creamy frosting body lotion and ‘sugar sprinkles’ lip-gloss, €28.
* Gift your Christmas star with a magical selection of bath treats. Lush’s ‘stardust’ box-set, right, is packed with girly, sparkly and sweet-scented products, €33.95.
TRIED AND TESTED
* Ali Mac, Exfoliating Lemongrass & Ginger Sugar Body Scrub €22.50
Made from 88% organic ingredients this scrub comes with an in-built confidence factor — you know it can only do your body good.
The combination of raw cane sugar, arnica, sunflower and olive oils work their own special magic, leaving skin butter soft. Add in lemongrass and ginger scents and you’ve got a mind-altering pick-me-up. Just what’s needed for the depths of winter.
For all-out indulgence, ask Santa for the Lemongrass and Ginger Boxed Gift Set, €39.95, this Christmas. It comes with a sugar scrub, body oil and body wash. Lock the bathroom door, light some candles and have yourself a very merry home-spa treatment. Bliss!See: www.alimacskincare.com * Weleda Wild Rose Soothing Day Cream, €17.44. This all-natural cream works a treat on dry skin, hydrating throughout the day. Made with cold-pressed wild rose seed oil and plant extracts of sedum, myrrh and horsetail, it’s instantly absorbed — always the mark of a high-quality moisturiser. And the divine rose scent gives an immediate lift, every time.
It doesn’t come with an SPF, so best to use during late autumn and winter or under make-up with sun protection.
A good price for what’s on offer. We’re hooked.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved