Master the mountains in style this winter says <B>Annmarie O’Connor.</b>
Whether you’re a Chamonix champ, a seasoned boarder or just in it for the après, there are plenty of ways to reign like a snow queen. Roxy, www.Topshop.com and TKMaxx all offer fashion-forward salopettes, jackets and accessories; while specialist stockists 53 Degrees North, www.Backcountry.com and Ski+Rock are a must for high-spec ski suits and boots.
* Use a thermal baselayer under tops and ski silks under salopettes for bulk-free insulation.
* Add a fleece middle layer to trap warm air next to the skin.
* Finish with a durable, waterproof and breathable outer shell (jacket and pants) that allow plenty of room to manouevre. Look for double- or triple-stitched seam and zipped air vents.
* Prevent pesky snow seepage with elasticated cuffs, wrist strap gloves, neck gaiters and good quality goggles.
* More of a fan of hot chocolate by the fire? Make like Olivia Palermo in a pair of retro Moon boots – 2015’s hot winter must-have
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved