Worried about dried out, post-holiday hair? Here are eight hardworking products to consider.
1. Kiehl’s Damage Repairing & Rehydrating Leave-In Treatment: This super concentrated formula will Moisturise, strengthen and repair split ends all in one. Paraben free, a little goes a long way.
2. L’Oreal’s Professional’s Inoa Colour Care Shampoo and conditioner: Ammonia-free, this shampoo delivers a luxurious foam and the deep-acting conditioner takes just minutes to put the love back into your hair.
3. Kérastase Masque UV Defense Active: For seriously damaged tresses, this masque will repair and nourish it back to life. It will also protect your hair when going out in the midday sun.
4. Bumble & Bumble Deep Treatment: Yes it does need 20 minutes to do its work, but then you will be rewarded with soft glowing locks.
5. Aussie’s Colour Mate Shampoo and Conditioner: This affordable range delivers every time. We’re big fans of the Three-Minute Rescue Remedy Masque and the Colour Mate range — fuss free and effective.
6. Liz Earle products are packed with natural ingredients and the Botanical Shine Treatment is no exception. It comes with red algae, cotton extract and sumac wax. Use it on distressed hair once again and bask in the glow.
7. Redken Colour Extend Waterwear: This invisible barrier is just what’s needed to protect hair in searing heat. It also helps to keep frizz at bay.
8. Aveda After-Sun Hair Masque: This brand has a strong following for its hair care products. The masque comes with lots of anti-oxidants to protect against free-radical damage and natural oils to rejuvenate parched tresses. Perfect for curly hair with a mind of its own.
If you’re ready to pack away your summer bronzers, look to YSL’s fall collection. The limited edition ’Pretty Metal’ make-up Couture Palette Collector €65, is available in Brown Thomas stores from September.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved