It’s back and it’s bigger than ever — this year, lots of brands have got on board with Breast Cancer Awareness Month by launching revamped products or choosing bestsellers to contribute to the cause.
So if you’ve got beauty products on your shopping list in October, why not choose one from this pink posse?
From everyday essentials to luxury treats, the shops are chock-full of charitable buys, so take your pick and be a beautiful benefactor.
* Evelyn Lauder and Liz Hurley dream pink collection a girly pink cosmetic case with three miniature lipsticks. It costs €34 and for each purchase Estee Lauder will donate €10 price to the breast cancer research Foundation ( www.brownthomas.ie ).
* With a pink ribbon bracelet, Estee Lauder’s Resilience Lift Night Face & Neck Creme, €86 with a €10 donation, helps to boost the natural production of collagen while you catch up with your beauty sleep. Also check out the Evelyn Lauder Dream Pin, €15, with 100% of the proceeds donated ( www.brownthomas.ie ).
* For every order placed Cloud10beauty is donating €1 to the Irish Cancer Society. Check out the company’s top-selling Blank Canvas 6 Contour & Highlight Palette, €16.95 or Sigma Beauty Flat Kabuki Brush F80, €24.95. www.cloud10beauty.com
* Bobby Brown, blusher and blusher brush, €45, with a €5 donation. ( www.brownthomas.ie ). Looking for a healthy glow? Then this classy duo will give you a natural look with just one sweep.
* Artdeco Pink Ribbon All in One Mascara, €18.25 (counters nationwide).
Artdeco’s volumising and nourishing – thanks to carnauba palm – black mascara gets a little pink ribbon embellishment for this limited edition, with 10% of sales going to the Marie Keating Foundation.
* Clinique Pink with a Purpose Cheek Pop €21, with a €4 donation. This perky, hot pink powder blush comes in a cute little zip-up pouch — handy for toting around mini make-up essentials.
* Aveda Limited Edition BCA Hand Relief, €28 ( www.brownthomas.ie ).
Packed with plant and flower essences, Aveda’s Hand Relief lotion is beloved for its silky texture and signature Shampure aroma. For every limited edition tube sold, a €4 donation will go to fund research into breast cancer risk factors.
* Creme de la Mer BCA Lip Balm, €58 (www.brown thomas.ie). As lip balms go, it doesn’t get much more luxurious than Creme de la Mer’s minty, moisture-infusing miracle. It may be pricey, but €8 from every sale of a pink-topped pot will go towards breast cancer research, so it’s worth the splurge.
* Jo Malone Red Roses Cologne, €105 for 100ml. If floral fragrances float your boat, Jo Malone’s Red Roses Cologne, which combines the scents of seven ravishing varieties, can’t fail to impress. If that wasn’t enough, for every 100ml bottle sold, €25 will go to breast cancer research.
* Boots Ireland is selling Irish Cancer Society merchandise ribbons and pens and is also holding Paint it Pink events in all stores this month, with staff offering pink make-overs for a donation.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved