A man allegedly sent sexual images and text messages to his ex-partner via Facebook over a two-week period, breaking a previous order.
The accused was arrested and brought before Cork District Court charged with contravening a safety order that had been granted to his ex-partner on January 14, 2014.
Garda Laura O’Connor objected to bail being granted to the 30-year-old.
Garda O’Connor said the gardaí alleged there were breaches of the safety order by the posting of certain material on Facebook between June 25 and July 9.
The alleged posting were made on the following dates:
Inspector Adrian Gamble said his concern was that if bail was granted, the accused would send further images of a sexual nature, causing upset to his ex-partner.
After a brief adjournment for defence solicitor Frank Buttimer to obtain instructions, the application for bail was withdrawn.
The accused rubbed his eyes and appeared tearful during prosecution evidence.
Judge Olann Kelleher commented: “I am concerned about this man’s demeanour in court. I would like that he would get whatever medical treatment is available for him in prison.”
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved