Missing man ‘has been found safe’

A man missing since last Friday from Ballyphehane in Cork has been found safe and well.

Following a series of appeals by his family on social media and in the traditional media, as well as appeals by gardaí, John O’Sullivan, aged 36, was found safe and well.

Yesterday, on a Facebook page set up to help locate John, members of his family expressed their thanks to the public as well as the media for their assistance in the matter.

“John has been found safe. Thank you to everyone for their help and information,” said the post.

In a statement, gardaí thanked both the public and the media for their assistance in the search and said that the matter was now closed.

Concerns mounted for Mr O’Sullivan’s safety on Friday when had did not arrive at work as normal.

His last contact had been via a Viber message at 9.15am that morning and he was last seen driving a red Ford Fiesta.

John’s uncle, Declan O’Donoghue, made a public appeal for assistance stating that it was “very out of character” for his nephew not to make contact with his family.


Lifestyle

A parent coach says parents are often the best judge of how to care for their baby – and explains how they can learn to have faith in their intuition.Ask an expert: How can I know what’s best for my baby?

We take a trip down memory lane and check out what happened on this day in years gone by by looking back at some Irish Examiner front pages and highlighting other events which went down in history across the world.August 23, 2019: A look back at what happened on this day in years gone by

RP O’Donnell says it is hard to find anywhere better than Boston to show your family a great time as he returns to a city he used to call homeA family friendly holiday guide to get the best out of beautiful Boston

Leslie Williams sampled the seafood at Cavistons in Dublin.Restaurant Review: Cavistons - Charming staff, the freshest fish, solid cooking

More From The Irish Examiner