The Irish Examiner and University College Cork (UCC) are teaming up to host a live online Leaving Certificate results clinic this Thursday, August 13 as tens of thousands of students consider their options.
The session, which will be hosted on both irishexaminer.com and www.ucc.ie/caolive from on Thursday from 3 - 4.30pm, is aimed at students who have questions following the release of their Leaving Cert results and who, in particular, may have made applications to UCC.
The expert team will also be able to offer general guidance and advice to students as they wait for offers which will be issued by the CAO on Monday, August 17. Questions can be submitted on the day directly, but those who pre-register at www.ucc.ie/caolive will also receive a text alert reminder.
The expert UCC panel will include:
· Loretta Brady, College of Arts, Celtic Studies & Social Sciences
· Anne Wallace, College of Business and Law
· Mags Arnold, College of Medicine and Health
· Aidan Coffey, President of the UCC Students’ Union
· Sandra O’Herlihy, Admissions Office
· Olive Byrne, UCC Plus+ Office (HEAR)
· Mary O’Grady, Disability Support Service (DARE)
· Noelette Hurley, IT Services
· Tom McCarthy, Office of Marketing and Communications
UCC and the Irish Examiner will also partner on two further sessions on Monday and Wednesday, August 17 and 19 (3-4.30pm) called “I’ve got my offer – what next?”, which will include the above experts.
The software used to run these events is an application created by Pubble, a Cork-based tech startup co-founded by UCC graduate John Dineen from Kinsale.
Follow @UCC and @IrishExaminer on Twitter and #AskUCC #LeavingCert for further updates.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved