The Irish Examiner’s innovative use of social media was rewarded at the inaugural Cork Digital Marketing Awards today.
The digital team were recognised with the 'Best Use of Twitter' award at a gala lunch hosted by KC, Programme Director of RedFM in the Kingsley Hotel. The other nominees in the category were Fota Wildlife Park, the Clarion Hotel, the Bishopstown Bar, Cork Airport and RedFM.
Expressing his delight at the award Dolan O'Hagan, the Irish Examiner's executive editor, thanked all those who have connected with the Irish Examiner's journalism via social media and praised the work of the Cork Chamber Business School in highlighting the positive role that social media can play in all types of business.
Almost 300 applications for the Digital Marketing Awards were received by Cork Chamber. "We were delighted to receive nearly 300 applications from organizations of all sizes and in virtually every industry in the inaugural Cork Digital marketing Awards 2014 for consideration in ten different categories," said Norma Lynch, Cork Chamber Business School Manager.
Damien Mulley of Mulley Communications says the quality of the entrants were impressive. "The quality of entries really impressed the judges and Cork businesses can learn a lot from the finalists and those who made the short lists."
"One of the main objectives of the awards was to recognise the digital achievements of Cork businesses who are doing extraordinarily well in the digital world," said Conor Healy, CEO of Cork Chamber.
“It was wonderful to see that finalists represented start-ups, SMEs and Corporates and it shows that businesses of all sizes are embracing digital and participating in the digital economy, which is integral to Cork’s competiveness.”
#DigitalCork14 was the top Twitter trend in Ireland, out performing the hugely popular Web Summit, taking place in the RDS, Dublin.
THE 10 BUSINESSES AWARDED FOR INNOVATIVE DIGITAL MARKETING WERE:
- Best Website - with less than 20 employees: Hairybaby
- Best website - with more than 20 employees: Castlemartyr Resort
- Best use of Facebook - with less than 20 employees: EIL Ireland
- Best use of Facebook - with more than 20 employees: Hayfield Manor
— Hayfield Manor Hotel (@HayfieldManor) November 6, 2014
- Best use of Video: Irish Made Gifts
- Best Digital Marketing by a Sole Trader: On the QT
- Best Digital marketing by an SME: EazyCity
- Best Digital Marketing by a Corporate: Laya Healthcare
- Best Zero Budget Digital Marketing Campaign: Essential French
- Best use of Twitter: Irish Examiner
The overall Grand Prix Digital Marketing 2014 winner was EazyCity.
Congratulations to all finalists and winners.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved