An Irishwoman and a Romanian man facing murder charges have been charged with a second murder in West Cork in November.
Catherine O’Connor, 36, originally from Kinsale, and Ciprian Grozavu, 37, were both charged at a sitting of Bandon District Court yesterday with the murder of Englishman John Forrester at Bridge House, Sean Hales Place, Bandon, on Nov 12.
Mr Forrester, known locally as “Johnny English”, was a father-of-four who originally from Blackpool, Lancashire.
Det Gda Jason Wallace and Det Gda Timothy O’Mahony gave evidence of charging and cautioning O’Connor and Grozavu respectively. They said that neither party made any reply when cautioned.
Insp Brendan Fogarty said that both O’Connor and Grozavu had been previously charged with another murder, that of local man Jonathan Duke, aged 27, at the same house on Nov 13.
Insp Fogarty said that, in both cases, he was making an application to have O’Connor and Grozavu remanded to Limerick District Court at 10am on Friday, Mar 9.
He said he foresaw the case then coming back to a West Cork court after that.
The solicitors representing the accused said they had no objection to the remand and the pair were granted legal aid.
Insp Fogarty said preparation of the book of evidence is both cases is well-advanced. He added that the two books of evidence “would dovetail into one” on completion.
Judge McNulty said he accepted a “big body of evidence had to be assembled and collated” by the detectives investigating the case. He then remanded O’Connor and Grozavu to Limerick District Court on Mar 9.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved