The Sunday Business Post has reported operating losses of €218,889 for the year to the end of June last year.
The results mark a 90% reduction in losses since the company exited examinership twelve months earlier.
The results published yesterday are its first since exiting the examinership process while the company now has a new board and management in place as well as investors.
Commenting on the release of the figures, Post Publications Limited chief executive Paul Cooke praised the newspaper’s staff for their hard work.
“The team at the Sunday Business Post have worked amazingly well and hard to achieve this performance and we expect the business to be profitable in the second half of this financial year,” he said.
Mr Cooke is a shareholder in the company. He said the business had invested in a new digital offering which will be launched shortly. The board believes the digital strategy will capitalise on the newspaper’s provision of top-quality business and political content.
Sunday Business Post editor Ian Kehoe said: “The Business Post has editorial independence.
“In an environment where media ownership is consolidating, this independence has never been more important to the newspaper or its readers,” he said.
© Irish Examiner Ltd. All rights reserved