Cash pile at Niall ‘Bressie’ Breslin firm quadruples to €143,517

The cash pile at the entertainment firm owned by former Voice of Ireland judge, Niall ‘Bressie’ Breslin more than quadrupled to €143,517 last year.

Newly filed accounts for Mr Breslin’s Big Face Productions company show that the pay to directors also increased sharply going from €29,013 in 2014 to €152,020 last year.

Bressie and his father Enda are listed as the company’s two directors.

Bressie owns 90% of the shares, with his father owning the remaining 10%. Big Face Productions was sitting on a cash pile of €143,517 as of the end of last year; up from just under €33,000 from the previous year.

A former Leinster and Ireland under-21 rugby player, Bressie established the firm in 2013 to capitalise on his national fame as a result of appearing as a judge on the hit RTÉ show, The Voice of Ireland.

The Westmeath man set up the firm under the guidance of accountant to the stars, Alan McEvoy.

Mr. McEvoy also advises Niall Horan, Harry Styles, Boyzone, former members of Westlife - including Nicky Byrne and Kian Egan - and a host of other stars.

The Voice of Ireland has provided a steady income for Bressie but earlier this year, RTÉ cancelled it in favour of an Irish version of Dancing with the Stars.

In a recent interview, Bressie said that the Voice of Ireland show ended at the right time and that he is quite relieved that the show has come to an end.

The 35-year-old is also busy again with his band The Blizzards.


Lifestyle

Antibiotics will not speed up recovery from a viral infection and can make the child feel worse, says Dr Phil KieranBattling bacteria: The pros and cons of giving antibiotics to children

I had to turn off Dublin Murders with 15 minutes to go. We were watching the first episode because I had to review it the following day for the Today Show on RTÉ.Learner Dad: 'I like to see myself as relaxed but I’m obviously bottling up a fair few anxieties'

Purchasing a thatched cottage was a decision that would change Liam Broderick’s life. Kya deLongchamps meets the long-time thatcherMade in Munster: Meet Cork thatcher Liam Broderick

We take a trip back through the Wolves singer’s most major fashion moments.As Selena Gomez surprises fans with new music, these are some of her best style moments

More From The Irish Examiner