The ceasefire in Syria appears to be holding since coming into effect on Monday night, despite sporadic and minor violations, according to Syrian opposition activists and monitoring groups.
Rami Abdurrahman from the Britain-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights says "calm is prevailing" in most of the country on Tuesday, although there were minor violations in central Hama province.
Another activist group, the Local Co-ordination Committees, reported some shelling in Aleppo and the southern region of Quneitra, while state media said there were "breaches" of the truce by rebels in the contested city of Aleppo.
Ahmad al-Masalmeh, an opposition activist in the southern province of Daraa, where Syria’s crisis began in 2011, said the region was also calm.
The week-long ceasefire brokered by the US and Russia started at sunset on Monday.
Meanwhile, the UN humanitarian aid coordinator says the aid agency needs to make sure its staff and partners "are not in mortal danger" before starting convoys into parts of Syria.
OCHA spokesman Jens Laerke said humanitarian aid teams are ready to move into areas such as the troubled northern city of Aleppo.
He said the agency needs "peace to be reinstated before we can go in".
Mr Laerke told reporters in Geneva on Tuesday that he did not know who would make the final assessment when conditions were safe enough for deliveries to resume.
He said no deliveries had been made since the US-Russia brokered ceasefire went into effect on Monday at sunset.
The deal is expected to pave the way for UN-led aid convoys to resume.