Prosecutors in England want DJ Dave Lee Travis to face a retrial on charges of indecent and sexual assault, a court has heard.
Travis, 68, was cleared of 12 counts of indecent assault earlier this month but jurors at London’s Southwark Crown Court were unable to reach verdicts on two further charges and were discharged.
Today, Judge Anthony Leonard heard that prosecutors were seeking a retrial on the outstanding charges of indecent assault and sexual assault.
Prosecutor Miranda Moore QC told the court: "The prosecution is seeking a retrial for two outstanding counts.''
A further hearing will take place on March 28 at the same court.
Wearing a black suit and burgundy shirt and tie, Travis was allowed to remain seated in the dock as the matter was discussed.
Former BBC presenter Travis was accused of indecently assaulting 10 women and sexually assaulting another in alleged incidents dating back to 1976 when he was at the height of his fame.
The jury of eight women and four men had deliberated for more than 20 hours.
They found him not guilty of 12 indecent assault charges, but were not able to agree on a charge of alleged indecent assault against a woman in the early 1990s along with an alleged sexual assault on a journalist in 2008.
Judge Leonard told Travis: “You are to return to this court on the 28th March. You are re-admitted to bail as before.”
Ms Moore told the court a retrial would be likely to last just over two weeks.
Marianne, Travis’s wife of more than 40 years, supported him from the public gallery during today’s brief hearing.
She was in court for the verdicts on February 13 but did not attend the four weeks of evidence.