Pot of noodles blamed for fire that killed two children in US

A baby and her three-year-old brother were killed when a pot of noodles cooking on a hot plate sparked a fire inside a camper trailer.

Their mother and a sibling were also badly burned.

Police Chief Matt Doering said today that investigators believe the fire was accidental.

Neighbours in Glynn County, Georgia, reported hearing an explosion when the trailer caught fire on Wednesday. Doering said flames detonated something in the home, but no foul play is suspected.

Authorities said the blaze killed three-year-old Blayden Wade Reeves and his four-month-old sister, Tallie Ann Carter. Their mother and a two-year-old brother were in critical condition at a Florida burns centre.

Doering said the children and their parents had lived in the trailer for months after their mobile home caught fire last May.

- AP


More in this Section

Scientists get stem cells shaking to generate new bone

David Attenborough calls for climate plan

Six dead as bitter cold follows snow in eastern US

Sailors killed as ships catch fire in Black Sea


Lifestyle

Making Cents: Car insurance travelling in the right direction

Boyzone Farewell Tour: Gettin' the band back on the road

Six things we learned at Music Minds event

Heart and Home festival: The very best of bluegrass

More From The Irish Examiner