Pot of noodles blamed for fire that killed two children in US

Pot of noodles blamed for fire that killed two children in US

A baby and her three-year-old brother were killed when a pot of noodles cooking on a hot plate sparked a fire inside a camper trailer.

Their mother and a sibling were also badly burned.

Police Chief Matt Doering said today that investigators believe the fire was accidental.

Neighbours in Glynn County, Georgia, reported hearing an explosion when the trailer caught fire on Wednesday. Doering said flames detonated something in the home, but no foul play is suspected.

Authorities said the blaze killed three-year-old Blayden Wade Reeves and his four-month-old sister, Tallie Ann Carter. Their mother and a two-year-old brother were in critical condition at a Florida burns centre.

Doering said the children and their parents had lived in the trailer for months after their mobile home caught fire last May.

- AP

More in this Section

1,500 ventilators a week to roll off UK production lines by May, say manufacturers1,500 ventilators a week to roll off UK production lines by May, say manufacturers

Effectiveness of school closures in historic pandemics put under the microscopeEffectiveness of school closures in historic pandemics put under the microscope

Scientists developing coronavirus vaccine delivered via fingertip-sized patchScientists developing coronavirus vaccine delivered via fingertip-sized patch

Spain’s coronavirus death toll hits 10,000 as global infections near a millionSpain’s coronavirus death toll hits 10,000 as global infections near a million


Lifestyle

Put you and your loved ones' pop-culture knowledge to the test with Arts Editor Des O'Driscoll's three fiendishly fun quiz rounds.Scene and Heard: the Arts Ed's family entertainment quiz

A passion for heritage and the discovery of some nifty new software has resulted in an Irish architect putting colour on thousands of old photographs, writes Marjorie BrennanBringing the past to life

One colour, so many moods; Annmarie O'Connor prepares us to embrace pink.Trend of the Week: Prepare to embrace pink

With the constant washing, the skin on my hands has become dry and brittle.Natural Health: Constant washing is damaging my hands

More From The Irish Examiner