Police in Munich say the shootings in the city yesterday are not linked to so-called 'Islamic State' or to the recent intake of refugees.
Officers say they've reached that conclusion after extensive research overnight.
Nine people were shot dead at a McDonald's and a shopping centre yesterday. The dead included a number of adolescents. Children are among the 27 injured.
Three of the dead are Turkish, one is Greek and three from Kosovo, their respective government officials said. Seventeen people were slightly injured, with four people sustaining shot injuries.
A German-Iranian teenager - believed to have been the gunman - was found dead by police in a follow up search, and is believed to have been the only gunman.
Born and raised in the German city, they said the 18-year-old acted alone when he went on a rampage at a shopping centre and fast-food restaurant on Friday. He has been named in reports as Ali Sonboly.
Police said 10 of the 27 injured in the mass-shooting are currently in a critical condition, including a 13-year-old boy.
It is understood police raided a home in the the city's Marxvorstadt district, around 1.2 miles from the scene, and are believed to be interviewing the gunman's father.
They also revealed the gunman used a 9mm pistol and had 300 rounds of ammunition when he went on what they called a "classic shooting rampage".
The gunman had been in psychiatric care and was treated for depression, police said.
A neighbour on Dachauer Strasse that was searched by police on Saturday morning described the alleged gunman as "very quiet".
Wishing to only give his first name, Stephan, an owner of a coffee shop, said: "He only ever said 'hi'. His whole body language was of somebody who was very shy."
He added: "He never came into the cafe - he was just a neighbour and took out the trash but never talked."