Man accused of climbing over Buckingham Palace fence late at night

Man accused of climbing over Buckingham Palace fence late at night

A 37-year-old man has been charged with trespass after allegedly climbing over a fence to break in to Buckingham Palace.

Unemployed Victor Miller, from east London, was arrested at the royal site shortly before midnight on September 2 last year, in an area which is normally open to the public during the day in the summer.

He will appear at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on March 4, accused of trespass on a protected site.

Scotland Yard said no members of the British royal family were present when he was arrested.

A second man was also held outside the palace, but was later told that no action would be taken against him.

More in this Section

Coronavirus study prompts optimism despite death toll riseCoronavirus study prompts optimism despite death toll rise

Apple warns of coronavirus impact on resultsApple warns of coronavirus impact on results

British woman swept away by Storm Dennis floodwater is found deadBritish woman swept away by Storm Dennis floodwater is found dead

Assad predicts total victory after gains in northern SyriaAssad predicts total victory after gains in northern Syria


Lifestyle

Katie Wright recaps all the top stories from the UK’s fashion capital.London Fashion Week: Everything you might have missed from the autumn/winter shows

The 31st Cork French Film Festival's opening night film Proxima was the French film nominee for Best Foreign Language Film Oscar.Full spectacle of French film at Cork Film Festival

Tinfoil hats were the headwear of choice at Keith Barry's enjoyable show, writes Esther N McCarthyREVIEW: Keith Barry at the Everyman in Cork

Columnist and trained counsellor Fiona Caine advises a woman whose husband’s controlling behaviour is making her feel trapped.Ask a counsellor: Why has my husband become so jealous and possessive?

More From The Irish Examiner