A High Court judge has given the go-ahead to phone-hacking damages claims against The Sun.
News Group Newspapers (NGN), which has previously settled a large number of cases brought against the now-defunct News of the World, has always said there was no hacking activity at its sister tabloid.
But on Thursday in London, Mr Justice Mann allowed the claims to proceed.
The judge said four claimants could amend their cases to include the daily newspaper for the first time in the proceedings.
Two of those claims are among a number scheduled for a trial in July.
Up to 50 new claims against NGN, many of which will now include allegations of hacking at The Sun, are soon to be issued.
At the heart of NGN's case is that the two publications were two different newspapers, which were separately run and did not share journalistic resources.