A British man has suffered severe burns after his phone exploded in his pocket when he fell off his mountain bike.
Gareth Clear's iPhone 6 took the brunt of the impact - but then melted his shorts and two layers of skin.
The 36-year-old has been left in need of skin grafts.
Gareth was riding around Manly in Australia when he fell off his bike and landed on his mobile in his back pocket.
As he got up he said he noticed smoke and seconds later felt excruciating pain as the phone exploded with extremely hot temperatures.
The phone melted, along with his shorts and two layers of skin on his upper thigh.
The management consultant, who has been living in Australia for the past six years, burnt his hands trying to remove the melted phone from his thigh.
He then squeezed the contents of his water bottle onto the burns and walked 2km back to the nearest town.
Luckily Gareth was close to a specialist burns unit where he received urgent medical attention including skin graft surgery.
Apple have told Gareth they are investigating the incident.