16-year-old charged over London acid attack

A 16-year-old boy has been charged by police investigating five linked acid attacks in London.

The teenager is charged with 15 offences including grievous bodily harm and possession of an item to discharge a noxious substance, the Metropolitan Police said.

He has been remanded in custody to appear before Stratford Youth Court on Monday.

Five acid attacks took place in north and east London in less than 90 minutes on Thursday night.

Police said the teenager has been charged with one count of GBH with intent, one count of possession of an item to discharge a noxious substance, three counts of robbery, one count of handling stolen goods, four counts of attempted robbery and five counts of attempted GBH with intent.

Earlier on Saturday, a 15-year-old boy who was arrested at an address in Stoke Newington on Friday morning on suspicion of grievous bodily harm and robbery was released on bail until a date in early August.

Scotland Yard said the investigation into the attacks remains ongoing.


More in this Section

Scientists get stem cells shaking to generate new bone

David Attenborough calls for climate plan

Six dead as bitter cold follows snow in eastern US

Sailors killed as ships catch fire in Black Sea


Lifestyle

Making Cents: Car insurance travelling in the right direction

Boyzone Farewell Tour: Gettin' the band back on the road

Six things we learned at Music Minds event

Heart and Home festival: The very best of bluegrass

More From The Irish Examiner