Tipperary born Shane Breen chalked up Ireland's first victory at the weekend Derby Meeting in Hickstead, England, this afternoon.
The 34 year-old British-based rider rode Carmel Ryan's Irish-bred bay stallion 'Royal Concorde' into first place in the Speed Derby, a notable seven seconds ahead of Belgian runner-up Nick Motmans.
Not far behind in third was Tyrone's Peter Smyth on 'Hygie de Golf', while Irish dominance of the class was further bolstered by Donegal- based Ronan McLaughlin slotting his mare 'Illinoise de Cabdula' into fourth place.
And in case any doubt remained of Ireland's presence at the Derby meeting, Galway's Olive Clarke and 'Butlers Pantry Paradise G' accounted for sixth position on the score sheet.
Hickstead's feature class of the weekend, the DFS Derby, takes place on Sunday.
SHOW JUMPING RESULTS: CSI4* HICKSTEAD GREAT BRITAIN JUNE 26 - 29 2008
THE BUNN LEISURE SPEED DERBY
TABLE C. ARTICLE 239 1m45
SATURDAY 28 JUNE 2008
1) ROYAL CONCORDE (ISH); Shane Breen (IRL) Time 91.96
2) CENTENNIAL; Nick Motmans (BEL) Time 99.08
3) HYGIE DE GOLF; Peter Smyth (IRL) Time 100.08
4) ILLINOISE DE CABDULA; Ronan McLaughlin (IRL) Time 100.23
6) BUTLERS PANTRY PARADISE G; Olive Clarke (IRL) Time 103.47