A Manchester United fan from Sierra Leone whose dream trip to Old Trafford was ruined by the game's abandonment will have an extended trip funded by supporters.
The man known as 'Moses' was one of many overseas visitors left frustrated when a security alert led to the postponement of United's final Barclays Premier League game of the season against Bournemouth on Sunday.
Moses, who works in security in the west African country, had been invited by friends at the Manchester United Supporters Trust and some of their members were quick to step in to ease his disappointment.
This is Moses. He came from Sierra Leon to watch United it's his first match at Old Trafford. He's distraught. pic.twitter.com/YBZHd60cUZ— UTFR 🇾🇪 (@ManUtd_HQ) May 15, 2016
They have offered to pay for a later return flight home and to fix him up with a ticket for next week's FA Cup final at Wembley between United and Crystal Palace.
Ian Stirling, vice chair of MUST, said: "A friend of mine worked with Moses out in Sierra Leone and he said he should come over some time for a game.
"We were at the MUST House having a few drinks before the game when news came out there was a suspect package and the game would be delayed until 3.45pm.
"That was unusual but no real concern, but then when we heard the game was abandoned we had to tell Moses and the poor lad was distraught - being so close to the ground and not being able to go in, not knowing when he might get this chance again.
"We had a quick discussion between us and we've agreed to rearrange his flight - so he'll fly home next week instead of tomorrow - and sort him out with a ticket for the FA Cup final. A couple of friends will put him up in Manchester as well.
"He's still distraught at not getting into Old Trafford - that was his dream - but we're trying to do the right thing for a friend."