Nick Blackwell has confirmed he has retired from boxing, after he woke from an induced coma one week after his fight with Chris Eubank Jnr.
Though he spent a week in the induced coma, the 25-year-old former British champion did not need surgery after he was found to have a bleed on the skull following the fight.
Blackwell says he is "on the mend" having woken from his coma a fortnight ago, but said he had no plans to go back into the ring, adding he couldn’t put his family and friends "through that again".
The former British middleweight champion, who collapsed shortly after being stopped in the 10th round of last month's fight with Chris Eubank Jnr and was placed into an induced coma having been found to have a bleed on the skull.
In a Twitter conversation with Eubank Jnr, Blackwell revealed he had no hard feelings towards his opponent.
"Hello bro no hard feelings,we were both there doing a job and it was unfortunate for what happened but I hope your ok champ," Blackwell said.
Eubank Jr praised Blackwell for being a "true warrior" who "never gave up" and asked to come and visit him in hospital.
Blackwell replied: "I haven't watched the fight back yet but will watch it and out (of hospital) in the next few days but b good to see you bro."
He has been pictured looking well from his hospital bed enjoying the company of friends and family and trainer Gary Lockett, and on Monday spoke of his belief he has been "very lucky".
"Just want too say a massive thank you for all the support and messages," wrote Blackwell, 25, on Twitter. "Means the world to me. I'm on the mend now so I've been very lucky."