Musselburgh will stage an 8am inspection tomorrow to determine if Friday’s meeting can go ahead.
The track was forced to cancel its Tuesday fixture due to frost and while the track is still not raceable, clerk of the course Anthea Morshead has received an improved weather forecast.
“We have had a more upbeat report from the weather forecasters but there is still frost in the ground and we are not raceable today,” she said.
“It’s plus two at the moment though and breezy which will help keep temperatures up a bit for the next couple of days with a possible low of zero for the next few nights.
“It looks a little bit brighter on the forecast but we could get some snow showers today so we will see how it looks tomorrow morning.”