In today's Hotel Kilmore Cavan Rally, Dunlop National Rally Championship series leader Niall Maguire (Subaru) increased his championship lead courtesy of an eight-second victory over local driver, Patrick Elliott (Subaru WRC).
Adrian McElvaney (Subaru WRC) was third.
Elliott led initially, but a spin on the second test saw Maguire move into top spot.
Kevin Barrett, second after the opening stage, dropped out of contention with a puncture on the second test.
Although he was quickest on the third stage, he eventually retired, as did Seamus Leonard.
Maguire continued to lead as Michael Barrable increased his pace to hold second.
Elliott lost more time with a fourth stage puncture and Barrable’s rally ended on the seventh test, his Ford Focus stopped with gear selection trouble.
Without taking any undue risks, Maguire went on to claim victory as Elliott punched in quickest times on the last three stages.
Adrian McElvaney (Subaru), after a torrid start, claimed third.
Monaghan's Gary McPhillips (Escort), in fourth was the best two-wheel drive exponent.
Alan Ring (Mitsubishi) won Group N.
1. N. Maguire/P. McLaughlin (Subaru WRC) 1h. 17m. 54s.
2. P. Elliott/P. Goodman (Subaru WRC) 1h. 18m. 02s.
3. A. McElvaney/P. Kelly (Subaru WRC) 1h. 20m. 07s.
4. G. McPhillips/M. Tierney (Ford Escort) 1h. 21m. 35s.
5. M. Moffett/J. McKenna (Toyota Starlet) 1h. 22m. 13s.
6. M. Kelly/D. Barrett (Ford Escort) 1h. 22m. 54s.
7. A. Ring/A. Deasy (Mitsubishi) 1h. 23m. 12s.
8. D. Gallagher/M. Walsh (Ford Escort) 1h. 23m. 15s.
9. S. Flanagan/B. Duggan (Subaru) 1h. 24m. 07s.
10. E. Daly/K. Synott (Mitsubishi) 1h. 24m. 25s.