Juventus general manager Jean-Claude Blanc is still confident of signing Xabi Alonso despite Liverpool reportedly holding out for a higher transfer fee.
The Spanish playmaker’s move to Italy had been expected to be sealed on Monday but talks have stalled with Liverpool said to be demanding €20m - two million more than Juve’s offer.
Blanc still believes Alonso, currently at Euro 2008, will be at the Stadio Olimpico next season, but admits the Bianconeri also have their eye on other midfielders.
“We’re following more than three footballers,” Blanc told Sky Italia. “And we’ll see if what you read in the papers comes true or the other names we’re working on.
“Xabi Alonso? It’s an operation that we’re taking forward and we’ll compare him to other deals which could be done.
“We’re looking for a very talented midfielder – there’s not many of those around and some of them aren’t available. We have to talk first with the club and then with the player.
“Only one of these deals will be done.”