Down Royal will stage a further inspection at 6pm this evening to assess the prospects of racing on St Stephen's Day.
The Irish venue is currently unraceable but course officials are keen to give the meeting every chance.
Irish Turf Club press officer Cliff Noone said: “The course remains unfit for racing as there is a covering of snow on the track.
“They are expecting some rain this afternoon and have decided to look again at 6pm. They will then decide whether to call the meeting off or look again on Saturday morning.”