Angel di Maria’s move to Paris St Germain appears to be moving closer after the French club announced they are to hold a press conference on Thursday evening.
PSG announced on Twitter on Thursday that they had organised a press conference for 5.30pm at a five-star hotel in the centre of Paris.
Reports in France claim Di Maria will be unveiled at the event.
Manchester United and PSG agreed a £44.3m fee for the transfer of the Argentinian last weekend.
The 27-year-old then flew to Doha, where he underwent a medical.
During an interview in Qatar, Di Maria said he was “Very happy to join PSG.”
“I am going to try to bring the best of my abilities to put myself at the service of this team,” he added.
“We are going to try and go as far as possible in the Champions League.”
United signed Di Maria from Real Madrid for a British record £59.7million last summer, but after an impressive start, his form dipped and he only started one of the final 10 games of last season.
Di Maria is said to have become unsettled by an attempted burglary on his Cheshire home in February.
Since then he and his family have been living in a city-centre flat in Manchester owned by former United defender Phil Neville.
United manager Louis van Gaal has already earmarked Barcelona forward Pedro as a replacement for Di Maria.
Pedro has enjoyed 11 successful years at Barca, but has become frustrated at a lack of playing time at the Nou Camp recently following the signing of Neymar and Luis Suarez, who have formed a deadly three-pronged attack alongside Lionel Messi.
If Barca president Josep Bartomeu gets his way, Pedro will not be leaving the club, however.
“There is nothing on Pedro, there isn’t any official offer (on the table),” Bartomeu was quoted as saying in Marca.
“He is a Barca player and we want him to continue at Barca. To win the six competitions (we are in), we need the best players and Pedro is one of them.”
Pedro came off the bench to play the final 29 minutes of Barcelona’s 3-0 friendly win over Roma at the Nou Camp on Wednesday night.