Deco hopes to play in England or Italy next season after revealing he has been told by Barcelona he can leave the Nou Camp.
The Portugal international, who joined Barca from Porto in 2004, has a contract until 2010 but said on Thursday that the Catalan giants had told his agent he was free to find himself a new club.
“The club spoke with my representative and I know that there are offers, I am going to negotiate. I don’t want to leave Barca with problems,” Deco said at a promotional event on Thursday.
“Barca people come and go, but the club continues, and me going is not the end of the world.
“I want to be where I am wanted and when things end up this way, it is best that you go. I thank the club for being honest with me.”
Deco insists his next step will either be the Premier League or Serie A, adding: “I will go to England or Italy, I am sure. I won’t stay in Spain because the only club that is of Barca’s level is Madrid and I would never go to Madrid.”
The 30-year-old playmaker has suffered from injuries this season which have limited him to just 14 starts in Barca’s 37 league games.
Barca, who complete their Primera Liga campaign this weekend, have now gone two seasons without winning any silverware and it was announced last week that reserve team manager Josep Guardiola would be replacing coach Frank Rijkaard in the Nou Camp hotseat this summer.