Cristiano Ronaldo event cancelled after terror attack

Cristiano Ronaldo event cancelled after terror attack

Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo's scheduled appearance in London this weekend has been postponed after the UK terror threat level was upgraded in the wake of the Manchester terrorist attack.

Ronaldo had been due to promote SIXPAD training gear at a press conference at the InterContinental Hotel on Saturday.

In a statement, SIXPAD said: "Following the upgrading of the UK's terror threat, it is with regret that we have had to postpone Saturday's public appearances with Cristiano Ronaldo.

"Safety is of paramount importance and given the high profile and public nature of this event we've taken the tough decision to postpone all activity until a later date."

Several sports have reviewed their planned events following the Government's decision to raise the national terror threat level to critical.

Monday's devastating bombing at the Manchester Arena killed 22 people and left many more injured.


More in this Section

Patrick Hoban targets 100 goals as he signs deal to stay at Dundalk until 2021Patrick Hoban targets 100 goals as he signs deal to stay at Dundalk until 2021

TJ Doheny says he is ready for rematch with Danny RomanTJ Doheny says he is ready for rematch with Danny Roman

Jonny May recalls how missing night out led to England debut as he approaches 50th capJonny May recalls how missing night out led to England debut as he approaches 50th cap

Judge adjourns court case that could see Bury Football Club wound upJudge adjourns court case that could see Bury Football Club wound up


Lifestyle

Experts on bedroom style reveal their top tips to Gabrielle Fagan, so you can create your perfect sleeping space.Let’s go to bed: How to create the cosy winter retreat you’ve always dreamed of

Sink your teeth into our top tips for Halloween dental care.Dental shock: Save your child's teeth from the ‘horrors’ of Halloween

More From The Irish Examiner