Rafael Benitez has insisted he is “100% committed” to Liverpool despite the club’s poor financial results.
Figures produced by Kop Holdings Ltd show a £33m loss in the period up until July 31 last year.
While this summer’s transfer budget had already been catered for in the January refinancing package, the Spanish boss boss must still sell to generate further funds, according to the 'Liverpool Echo'.
But Benitez remains excited by the prospect of making a more determined assault on the Premier League title next season.
“I said at the end of the season I was very happy here and I will say it again,” Benitez told the Echo.
“The supporters have been absolutely magnificent with me and the staff are working very hard.
“I would not have brought players like Fernando Torres and the young players we have here if I did not have a long term vision for the club. Now is not the time to be saying goodbye!
“Fernando’s agent has asked about my Liverpool future and my answer is that I am 100% committed.”
Benitez is intent on tinkering with his squad during the close season with Aston Villa midfielder Gareth Barry understood to be high on his list of targets.
“If we had a lot of money to spend it would obviously be better,” he said.
“But if we don’t it doesn’t matter.
“It is not about buying the most expensive players, it is about buying the right ones.
“We have the spine of the team and we can sell some players to get the others we need.”